Reclaim Democracy depends on the efforts of volunteers in almost every realm of our work. You can help! Here are a few of the ongoing opportunities. If you are interested in helping, please visit our “contact us” page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writing & Editing
- Research – We always need research assistance and most can be done on the web, but access to library research material is sometimes needed.
- Write Articles – Knowledge or research of current issues related to our goals and strong persuasive writing skills are required. Most articles for our web site or newsletter also appear in major print media. For skilled writers, we will help develop and market your writing. Please send us at least one published clip. 6-50 hours per article.
- Spanish Translation – For individuals proficient in English to Spanish translation, we aim to translate much more of our material. Translations can be done at the convenience of volunteers via e-mail.
Grassroots Outreach / Fundraising
- Tabling – Represent us at above-mentioned fairs, festivals, and other venues. Good speaking skills and knowledge of our work is required (a few hours of reading). ~ 3 – 12 hours / event.
- Host an informational / fundraising party – The best source of new activists and donors is through our existing supporters. Let your friends, neighbors and others know about our work.We’ll provide plenty of support to help.
- Schedule a Local Presentation – Bring a ReclaimDemocracy.org speaker to your community. This can be a great way to jump-start local organizing. Contact us to learn more.
- Organize / Participate in a Chapter / Local Working Group – May include some of the following: place posters around towns, write letters to local papers, set up slide shows locally, or work towards city/county resolutions. See our “What You Can Do” primer for more ideas.
- Varies constantly–please inquire.
In-office Opportunities (for those near Bozeman, MT)
- General Office Help – Answer calls, help with research, perform essential administrative tasks. Minimum commitment: 4 hours / week, 3 months. Regularly scheduled weekly. Opportunities for paid employment after 3-4 months of reliable work.
We also seek help from volunteers with specialized skills, including: accounting, fundraising, web design, graphic design, cartoonists, computer troubleshooters and more. Please call 406-582-1224 to learn more.